luckycowshop
My husband has started the car.  But our baby Ivan is still on his lap.

Mother-in-law:  Give Ivan to me.

Husband:  (Seems doesn't care on what his mother told her, started the car and started to drive.)

Me:  (Seems doesn't care if mother-in-law is present.  On a shouting voice...)   Haven't you heard mother told you?  Give Ivan to her!!!

Husband:  I can drive while holding Ivan.

Me:  (On a soft voice)  But you shouldn't drive while holding a baby.

Husband:  Don't worry...

Mother-in-law:  Before, he's holding "uy-uy" while driving.

Me:  But it's still not right to hold a baby while driving.  (Then talks to husband...)  If you want, you can ask your friends.   They'll tell you it's wrong.

Then, they all keep quiet.   I was on the back seat, frowning, that's why they didn't see my face.
Labels: , edit post
8 Responses
  1. Popcorn Says:

    That's dangerous. In the US, babies & kids - even if they're in the car seat - aren't even allowed in the front seat because they can easily get hurt by the airbag.

    :(


  2. berryblitz Says:

    utak probinsya talaga ang mga chinese from china na, well, pumunta dito para makipagsapalaran.

    and so, sila mismo ang nagtuturo sa akin na idiscriminate sila. ang yabang kc eh, akala mo tama.


  3. Agree with Popcorn. In NZ, you must have the baby in the back until aged 5, must have him/her properly restrained by a seat belt, must have a special government approved baby seat for him/her to which you attach the seat belt.

    It's absolutely crazy for the driver to have the baby on his or her lap. Such behaviour is a danger to himself and the baby.


  4. berryblitz Says:

    I think one should have their own mind of keeping a baby safe, with or without the law.


  5. Agreed,

    Keep the baby safe; keep your other passengers safe; keep yourself safe, whether the law demands it or otherwise.

    A sudden puke from your child all over your lap or all over the windscreen whilst baby's sitting on your lap whilst you are driving (and I suppose answering your mobile phone with one hand), wouldn't be the best recipe for car safety that I could imagine!


  6. Angie Says:

    Husband, please use your common sense to improve and protect the life of others around you, especially of Ivan, a baby whose head and bones are fragile and have not developed well. Are you mentally incapacitated? If you are, then you shouldn't be driving at all....


  7. berryblitz Says:

    hahahah my husband is answering his phone and even do use his mobile phone while driving. at first, it freaks me out. but now, it seems like so ordinary to me.


  8. berrymumbling Says:

    @Angie

    I guess my that's how Chinese from China thinks. I mean not all of them of course, but those from the province, those who had met the terrible life of being too poor. My husband is one of those people, and his parents too who agreed on the idea.

    But on the conversation still, I won... because my husband and his mother kept quiet.


Post a Comment